Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture and Tourism
Shanghai Municipal Administration of Radio and Television
Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture Heritage
As a functional agency of Shanghai Municipal People's Government, Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture and Tourism generally assumes the following responsibilities:
(1) Implement laws, regulations, rules, guidelines and policies concerning culture and tourism, radio and TV broadcasting, and cultural heritage. Research and draft local regulations and rules concerning culture and tourism, radio and television, and cultural heritage, and formulate and implement the relevant policies.
(2) Formulate and implement development plans and relevant local standards concerning culture and tourism, radio and TV broadcasting undertakings and industries, and the cultural heritage industry. Participate in formulating plans for cross-region tourism. Promote integrated development of culture and tourism, science and technology, education, finance, transportation and industry, etc.
(3) Formulate mid- and long-term plans for major cultural and tourism activities. Manage citywide major culture and tourism events, and guide the construction of key cultural and tourism facilities, industrial parks and industrial clusters of regional features. Promote the broad image of the municipality's tourism, make marketing and development strategies, guide the development and promotion of important tourism products, and formulate special tourism plans such as those for red tourism.
(4) Guide and manage the municipality's literature and arts undertakings. Guide artistic creation and production, support literature and art works that are of guiding, representative and exemplary values, and demonstrate socialist core values. Promote the development of all types of art and art genres.
(5) Develop culture and tourism as well as radio and TV broadcasting public services in the municipality, and lead the construction of a public service system of culture and tourism, and radio and TV broadcasting. Deeply implement cultural projects that benefit the public, and promote the standardization of and equal access to the municipality's essential public cultural services. Take charge of the development of the municipality's public cultural undertakings. Guide and organize diverse community-based cultural activities.
(6) Guide and organize innovative development of the municipality's culture and tourism, radio and TV broadcasting, and cultural heritage sectors. Promote the informationalization and standardization of the relevant industries and publish industry statistics.
(7) Protect intangible cultural heritage and push forward the protection, inheritance, public access, promotion and revitalization of intangible cultural heritage.
(8) Guide the development of culture and tourism and radio and TV broadcasting industries. Promote integrated development of culture and tourism and other relevant industries. Organize and carry out general survey, excavation, protection, development and utilization of the municipality's cultural and tourism resources.
(9) Foster and develop the culture and tourism market, regulate relevant industries, construct credit systems in these industries, and regulate the culture and tourism market according to law. Organize, guide and manage comprehensive law enforcement in the culture market, and coordinate relevant government agencies in the handling of emergencies in these industries.
(10) Conduct business guidance and industry regulation upon all kinds of radio and TV broadcasting institutions. Work with relevant government agencies to manage online audio-visual program services providers. Conduct the assessment of radio and TV broadcasting programs, and guide the development of the TV-series industry in the creation of programs. Supervise, manage and censor the contents and quality of radio and TV broadcasting programs and online audio-visual programs. Guide and supervise the broadcasting of radio and TV commercials.
(11) Supervise and administrate radio and TV broadcasting frequency and channel resources, and cable network planning and construction in the municipality. Organize and construct major radio and TV broadcasting technology projects, and ensure the communication and transmission security of radio and TV broadcasting in the municipality. Promote integrated development of radio and TV broadcasting with new media technologies and business forms. Facilitate the integration of radio and TV broadcasting network, telecommunication network and the internet.
(12) Protect, manage and use the municipality's cultural heritage. Organize and coordinate archaeological excavation and rescue of unearthed cultural relics. Guide and coordinate museums to hold commercial and academic activities, and conduct inter-museum exchanges, cooperation and resources sharing.
(13) Guide and manage exchanges with foreign countries and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions of China in respect of culture and tourism, radio and TV broadcasting, and cultural heritage. Manage culture and tourism, radio and TV broadcasting, cultural heritage and other relevant activities performed diplomatic organs in Shanghai and by international organizations.
(14) Formulate and implement plans for building talented teams in culture and tourism, radio and TV broadcasting, and cultural heritage industries. Guide and supervise activities performed municipal-level social organizations of culture and tourism, radio and TV broadcasting, and cultural heritage industries.
(15) Perform other tasks as may be assigned by CPC Shanghai Municipal Committee and Shanghai Municipal People's Government.
As a functional department of Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture and Tourism, the Advertising and Promotion Department generally assumes the following responsibilities:
Guide and manage domestic and international advertising and promotion of culture and tourism. Formulate culture-and-tourism advertising and promotion plans. Comprehensively coordinate relevant culture and tourism resources, integrate and construct a culture-and-tourism advertising network, and organize culture-and-tourism advertising and promotional activities. Conduct cross-regional cooperation concerning culture and tourism, and coordinate tourism during holidays and vacations.
Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture and Tourism has been a member of ICCA (International Conference and Congress Association) since 2001. To upgrade the service level of the city's MICE industry, SMTA has been making efforts in training the professional employees and working with industry partners such as PCO, DMC, Hotels and Airlines to bid various international meetings and conferences to Shanghai.
Contact: Hao Zhang
Tel: +86 21 23118192