Former Site Of Virgin Mary Convent

Location:No.201 North Caoxi Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai



Overview

Overview

Virgin Mary Convent, also known as Zi-Ka-Wei Seng-Mou-Yeu, was originally built in 1843 in Hengtang Village of today's Qingpu District, as proposed by the Jesuit missionary Luigi Maria Sica, and was relocated in 1864 to the Wangjiatang neighborhood in Xujiahui. The current building is the only remaining main part of the original complex, a five-story European-style building of reinforced concrete built in 1926, which was leased after the nuns moved to the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes in Pudong New Area at the end of the 20th century.

Phone

+86-21-54259260

Zip Code

200030

Transportation

Line 1/9/11 Xujiahui Station

Business hours

/

Map
The Official Shanghai China Travel Website is a practical and authoritative guide for visitors who travel to Shanghai China, and those corporations engaged in planning
and organizing corporate incentive travel, conventions, exhibitions and events (MICE) in Shanghai China, covering Shanghai map, weather, flights, airport, train,
hotels, restaurants, travel, expo travel, attractions, shopping, art, sports, nightlife, exhibitions, trade fairs, conventions, meetings, events etc.